What is an eBike?
An eBike is a pedal assisted bicycle, with a built in electric motor that can be switched on or off to help with propulsion. They motor only works when the rider pedals. There are different power levels depending on the steepness of the climb.
“it’s like the hand of God helping you up the hill”
What type of eBike do I get to use?
The type of bikes we ride are top of the line ‘Moustache eBikes’ made in France and imported to NZ by a local Queenstown company, which means all servicing is done right here in the resort. They are pedal assisted, half or full suspension mountain trail bikes.
Do you rent eBikes?
No, but follow this link and will take you through to our Partners at ‘Charge About’ https://chargeabout.co.nz/
What’s included your eBikes tours?
- Local personal guide
- Top of the line Moustache eBike hire (pedal-assisted electric bike)
- If needed, we can provide- protective wear, helmets, gloves, knee/elbow pads.
- Relive.cc animation of the trip
- Accommodation pick-up and drop-off
You are required to bring with you the following equipment for use:
- Adequate hydration option
- Closed Toe Shoes (Mandatory)
- Additional Layers for elements (seasonally dependent)
- Multi Tool/Inner Tube strongly recommended
- Other additions may include: sunblock, nutrition, gloves, eyewear, pads/protection
How fit do I need to be to do an e-bike tour?
The beauty of an eBike is it takes most of the hard work out of your climbs. You can have a lot or a little help from the motor as you please. Whilst a basic level of fitness is needed, we can customise a trip to suit any fitness level and riding ability. eBiking is also perfect for those with injuries as it is low impact and easy on the joints.
Can the battery be used the whole time?
Yes, the guide will not take you anywhere where the battery won’t last the whole trip and will also guide you when to use less or more power depending on length and type of trails.
And if needed, an extra battery will be taken.
Should you have any further questions, please contact us.